Sarcasm Met Right



“Had a good laugh, eh?” “What is so amusing about this?” lashed an upset colleague at another, last week when he insanely laughed at her while she was conversing with someone else. The most talked about thing for the next two three days? Yeah right!

I, was rather not surprised at the strong reaction. Newton's advocation “Every action has an equal and opposite reaction” is very true, Iwoujtellya.[expression from catcher in the rye - J.D Salinger].Probably she was upset with him over an earlier instance or maybe she could not take sarcasm, especially from him.
There are these people who think they are very witty, humorous and all. They think they are jovial :/ trust me, only they think so! Trying to throw in sarcasm and satire - in the face, usually making people uncomfortable, is only their second nature. They sometimes realize that, and most of the times, do not. They could sometimes, be obsessively introvert and self absorbed to the extent that they don’t acknowledge the need for a topic or time. The loner in such people seeks attention en-route sarcasm.

 I mean humor is a good thing, but using it to crack somebody’s nerves, is hell bad! You (We) could be victim to their repetitive and unrelated jokes and get crazy and all, but they refuse to demean that spirit. You (We) politely try to turn them down but to no vain. And then one day, when the pot boils, it blasts!
The other day, while my manager was introducing the team to a new member over lunch, casually said that I was in to writing. This new team member asked me what I write about. Before even I could reply, spat another colleague “She writes at tehelka.com”.People were amused, I wasn’t. I write because this is my creative instinct. I enjoy doing this. I express my thoughts this way. How is that a itch on your bum, Mr. Sarcastic? He had only “nothing much” to say when asked about his interests in life.

You see the point? They are low on self-esteem and self-worth, hence the ego gratification – “If we are nothing, we believe- so are others”! This guy is actually an over sized creature with no artistic bend; he takes in opportunities to take a dig at others, lest his own traits be talked about.
I have come across several such people in life and though they manage to add up on my friend lists on social networking sites, they are just about there, because we can never be friends. For God’s sake, were you a clown your previous life thachya think it’s your godamm duty to make people laugh?
People actually stop crossing paths, citing such jokers, from a distance. I wish I could just smell their presence and vanish.You read it right, ignore them! Big time! like plaque, or else start pulling them down .Laugh out aloud when they are midway and scream! "funny man hahahha, very funny"."How, do you manage to be so pathetic?"
It’s good to make people comfortable while interacting rather than whip sarcasm and uncalled for humor. Try to make them smile, not laugh, else you flunk miserably.
A sub category amongst them, are the boisterous and blabbering kinds. They can talk endlessly, about their meager achievements, their fulfillment of life and how they are heading far better than everyone around, in terms of money, cars, relationships and even s**.You should look at everyone's faces, around that time. They seem to be listening but are actually - not listening. Even if they are ,they have heard all the nonsense over few hundred times and know it's just to fulfill that imaginative, false ego which is shouting for some attention.
My two cents to the self proclaimed humorous souls (read sarcasts):      

1. We are better off without your stupid jokes and after a point; we hate you irrespective of the kind of person you are because you radiate negativity.
2. You seem like lousy asses to us whoga nothing better to do in life.
3. We think you are short on self confidence and this is your way of gaining attention.
4. We never laugh at your jokes, we laugh at you.
5. We snub you, condemn you and would never like to hold acquaintances with you.
6. You come across the most negative souls across a bunch. You are demon, you are!
7. Lastly - every now and then, I clean up my friend list – so YOU, yes YOU are gone gone gone.

4 comments:

  1. Hell... That was spot on!
    Loved it..

    I am not ashamed to accept that I used to do this sometimes just to "get attention".
    This all stems from insecurity and emotional neediness...
    Glad that I had good friends who helped me with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mr. Parab.I am glad you made an effort to change.Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one. I normally nd up being dumb silent at such office affairs and even then get more attention than expected. Dunnoe why!! BTW I liked specifically the 7th Point of those 2 cents for them. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JKHoNa - me too.I am usually good at conversations but I go dumb and a black out appears when some one tries to be sarcastic with me.Some one can either "be" or "not be" a friend to me.Black and white :)

    ReplyDelete